Thursday, August 2, 2012

What's in my workout bag?

Preparation is HUGE if you want to make changes to your lifestyle. When it comes to taking supplements, and feeding yourself properly, particularly pre and post-workout, some preparation goes a LONG way. 


Here's my gym routine:
15-30 mins pre-workout : 2 mega BCAA capsules and MONSTER zero
immediately post-workout: 2 mega BCAA capsules + 2 Glutamine capsules, protein shake mixed with water, unsalted rice cakes
--the rice cakes ONLY are consumed after weight training, or weights+cardio... just a cardio session doesn't get such a carby treat :) 


I make sure that my BCAAs, Glutamine, shaker cup, protein powder, and rice cakes are in the same corner in the kitchen so I can grab and go! Everything gets thrown into my bag on my way to the gym.


See the iPod, that stays in my gym bag, unless I'm charging it. Always keep working headphones and semi-working ones just incase. 


1.5 liter water bottle. Another must during and after workouts and ALL DAY...hydration!




*unpictured* workout/food journal and pens!
What's in YOUR BAG!?

3 comments:

  1. Liz,
    What benefit does the Monster Zero provide?
    Jeff Stalker
    BTW Thanks for your blog. It is inspirational.
    You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use it simply because it gets my adrenaline pumping! its an energy drink. full of chemicals that are probably not too good for you, no calories. synthetic caffeine. I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete