Monday, September 17, 2012

Its a bumpy road.

You know those times where it seems like NOTHING is working in your favor?

Well, I got smacked with allergies, sinuses, and symptoms of calorie depletion AT THE SAME DAMN TIME. My head feels like it weighs 100 pounds, I'm stuffed up, and feel a bit weak--especially during my last few workouts. I'm giving myself a carb repletion today, which will hopefully give me a boost so that I can knock my training out of the park the rest of the week. 
Battling fatigue is not fun. I feel like all of my energy is put forth into one of my maniacal workouts, and then I'm DEAD the rest of the day. I never used to have this issue when I was eating "to build muscle."
So now that I'm getting WAY leaner than my body likes to be, it's even harder to push the weight and turn up the cardio. On Saturday, doing 12 reps of military presses with the 40 pound barbell was EXHAUSTING. A couple of months ago, I was throwing a 60 pound bar around NO problem! I was working on my dumbbell shoulder presses with 35's, now I stick to 20s. Oh baby will I have some stuff to work on once my shows are done!
Today was one of those days that I REALLY did not feel well enough to train. BUT I had no fever, just crazy sinuses and allergies. So I WENT, did upper body circuits and ended up lasting 25 minutes on the stair monster after my workout. I worked out for about 75 minutes total, and it DID feel a bit better to sweat it out.
I REALLY hope these carbs wake up my system--I have a show to train for, this is NOT the time to be a wimp.

I made a compromise today. I did not put myself through a typical MONSTROUS workout like I usually would on my carb day. Tomorrow, I want to feel better and have a solid Leg workout, and then I want to continue feeling better each day! I know how to keep my diet super clean, clean enough to make up for lack of caloric expenditure--and might have to make some compromises this week if I can't put forth enough energy for my workouts. 

I'll take some good allergy meds, force down tea (i HATE tea without sweetener,) and keep my thoughts positive. Sometimes, its all you can do. By keeping my outlook positive, hopefully my body will be HAPPY and lose some weight this week. I got a big show to be ready for!

I will continue to get EXTRA rest, being that I can barely walk straight since my head feels so gigantic and heavy. 
What can YOU take away from this blog? Well, understand the importance of compromise when it comes to training and dieting. When you ask your body to perform at such a high intensity, and don't feed it quite enough, it might retaliate. Environmental factors like bacteria and allergens DO exist, and there's not much to do about them, so you have to work with what you've got! Sickness and allergies are the WORST, but we have to treat them, rest our bodies, and overcome them. Going 70% instead of 110% IS the better decision sometimes, when your body is feeling down. And um, an extra day away from the gym won't kill you. It's about the long run for all of us! Treat your body with care, and remember that it takes a bit of time to HEAL, no matter how small the ailment or sickness. REST and RECOVERY are crucial, and a little bit of icky herbal tea never hurt anyone..

2 comments:

  1. Ah sorry to hear you are feeling this way! Good for you for listening to your body and doing what it needs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much :) Hoping to kick these allergies in the ass!!

      Delete