Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to school blues and BOOTY WORK

Today, I went back to class. I go to NYU, in case you were wondering.
I. HATE. EVERYTHING. ABOUT. SCHOOL.

Call me ungrateful, unappreciative, obnoxious, whatever. Lots of kids would KILL to attend NYU full time. If I could give them my position, I would. Despite pleading to drop out, my parents wont let me. So I go.  I'm fortunate to have more than half of a brain, and was able to maintain STRAIGHT A's last year without buying ANY books. Correct. I made the Dean's list with a little help from wikipedia.

Anyhow, I am commuting to school rather than living in downtown NYC. Due to my contest prep needs and work schedule, I decided it'd be nice for me to try out living at home and going to school in a more "part time" way. Today, I walked into my first class, and there was some freak sitting reading HAMLET for pleasure. I died inside. I don't read ANYTHING besides fitness/nutrition related things, because everything else bores me to TEARS. But, I understand that I am a "good writer," and therefore am supposedly majoring in ENGLISH?! I'm gonna die of boredom.

Anyhow, I really don't want to dwell on how much I hate school and am miserable to be responsible for attending class any longer, but I HAD to do SOME venting...

So when I got back from the city today, I made an eggwhite disaster (word to the wise: NEVER add water to your eggwhites. It does not create volume, only a messy pan. Sigh.)

I THEN amped up for my leg workout. I have to AMP myself up like a lunatic before leg training, because I am less than 6 weeks from my competition, and can NOT have ANY wrinkles or cellulite, I work way too hard to have a droopy fat butt. When I want to give up, I just think about the girls that are winning in the bikini division right now, and how much pain they likely endured to get their butts into shape! Anyway, here's today's fast-paced, sweat-monster leg workout. You do NOT need cardio in addition to this 80 minute hot box.

START:
10 minutes stair monster, get loose, familiarize yourself with your glutes and hams, and feel the contraction and power before you hit the weights.

Warm it up: 
Leg press (no plates added) Wide stance, feet at the top of the platform, knees to arm pits, pulse at the bottom. Keep repping it out until your inner thighs feel engaged, and start to burn. Then, do one leg at a time, until your inner thighs and glute muscles are fully awake. Then, use the machine to activate your calves and stretch them out. It took me 5-6 minutes to get sweating and feel my lower body muscles getting to work.

--warm up the hams and get the glutes going: perform good mornings/stiff legged deads with no weight, really fast, utilizing the hamstrings and glutes exclusively.

Go to work:
100lb barbell. Stiff legged deadlifts superset w parallel and turned out jump squats.
Countdown reps: 10/9/8/7/...1.
Totals at 55 STLDs, 55 parallel squat jumps, 55 turned out jump squats

Keep working: circuit.  3 sets 10/12/15 reps
ONE LEGGED stiff deads w/35lb kettlebell. 
one arm kettlebell swing 15lb kettlebell, DEEP SQUAT
kettlebell windmill 15lb kettlebell

Blast it: kettlebell swings and step ups
35 lb kbell 10 reps / step ups holding kbell 10 reps each leg
25 lb kbell 12 reps/ step ups holding 12 reps per leg
15 lb kbell 15 reps/ step ups holding 15 reps per leg

Dont die yet: reverse hypers (bench swings) and plie squats 4 sets
10 turned in/10 turned out
plie squats, pulse at bottom, explode out

You can almost die now: hyperextensions 3x15 turned in/turned out
15 parallel
15 turned out, SQUEEZE cheeks together at the top

DROP DEAD. Foam roll. Stretch. Drink protein and BCAAs. Waddle to car. Pop your rice cakes and drive home. Walk through the door and crash.

BOOM!!!! Wait a few hours and now it's DINNER TIME!!! Chicken breast and green beans on the agenda.

Want motivation to do this? Google:
Nicole Nagrani
Tiffany Upshaw
India Paulino
Vida Guerra

(Hopefully after my competition, I'll be telling you to use MY picture for reference!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment