Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last pump of 2011 !

I can't believe 2011 is OVER! This morning, I woke up at 7:30, drifted back to sleep, and woke up again at 8:30. Usually, I would hop out of bed right away to make me and my mom's breakfast, but mom was at the gym already, and I wasn't hungry..so I laid in bed and watched TV for like 2 hours! Finally I got hungry and went downstairs around 10:30 to make breakfast:
first, i drank a GIANT glass of water (i drank 32 ounces of water before eating anything today..hydration is soo important!!)
egg whites, flax seeds, veggies with a slice of ezekiel toast
i drank some more water, and got some coffee ready, and lounged around even more...it was a lazy saturday morning. LAZY is not exactly the way i roll, but this morning...thats what happened.
Finally i got my butt movin to the gym, sore, but ready for a KICKASS WORKOUT... 
treadmill: ran for 40 minutes. no walking. mostly RUNNING, but some jogging, and a few rounds of running backwards towards the end. I covered 4.30 miles in 40 minutes. It felt GREAT! 
My last run of 2011 was energizing, light, and empowering. Last year, at this time, I was not covering nearly as much distance, and sure wasn't dominating the treadmill and running in every direction like i do now! Last January, 40 minutes on the treadmill would have likely been a full workout for me. NOT ANYMORE!! After my treadmill work, I headed out to the floor to BURN OUT my biceps, shoulders, and triceps. I was on a MISSION. I can't remember the last time my arms felt sore! As I'm typing this...I'm pretty sure i succeeded at burning out my shoulders and biceps.

circuit 1: warmup, lightweight, 25reps
--bicep curls w/ overhead press 12.5lbs
--overhead press 12.5lbs

circuit 2: upping the weight: 3 sets 12 reps
--bicep curls w/overhead press 17.5 lbs
--one arm bent over row + tricep kickback 17.5lbs
--chest press 22.5lb dumbbells

circuit 3: 2 sets 10 reps
--seated bicep curls w/overhead press 20lbs
--toe touches on bench w/20lb dumbbell
--tricep extensions 25lb dumbbell

circuit 4: til muscle fatigue
--alternating bicep curl w/overhead press 22.5lbs
--upright row 25lb kettlebell
--reverse fly's 7.5lbs (4 sets 12)

circuit 5:
--holding 25lb kbell behind back, push away 2 sets 12 reps
--alternating bicep curls w/25lb dumbbells (4 reps)
--throwaways on bench 3 sets 10reps

circuit 6: cables 3 sets 10
--tricep pull down
--reverse grip tricep pull down
--delt high face pull

and THATS how i burned my biceps out...LOTS AND LOTS of curls and overhead presses. All of that , with stretching, took me like 2 hours! Solid way to end 2011!! 

post workout: water, protein powder, fresh spinach smoothie and a green apple

A major goal of mine for 2012 is to ALWAYS push my limits and GET STRONGER and FASTER!! 
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR ABILITIES
YOU WONT KNOW UNLESS YOU TRY
COMMIT TO YOURSELF AND YOUR GOALS
LETS GO!!! 

by the way... here are some ideas for your FIRST 2012 BREAKFAST:

Body by Liz eggs and toast:
--1 whole egg, 5 whites, chopped broccoli, baby spinach, with a slice of ezekiel toast (Broccoli is a major liver savior, and can help with some of that damage you might have done on new years eve if you were bad and drinking alcohol!! Body by Liz does NOT approve of drinking, but I know some people do it occasionally. I learned the broccoli bit from Dr. Oz!)

Body by Liz oatmeal:
--1/3 cup oatbran (or 1/2cup rolled oats) (made in 4 oz water, 4oz nondairy milk, 1 scoop protein, 1tbsp flaxseeds, 1/2 cup blueberries

Body by Liz smoothie fuel:
--smoothie: 12 oz water, 6 oz nondairy milk, 1/2 banana, fresh spinach, scoop of protein powder *option for those wanting EXTRA fuel/calories : ADD 1tbsp natural almond butter or peanut butter or 2tbsp flaxseed meal for omega-3 fats !*

Cant decide? How bout ALL 3?!
-4 eggwhites w/spinach, 1/3cup oatbran with 1/2banana and 1tbsp flax! YUP. THATS A BREAKFAST!! 

LETS DOMINATE 2012, and get SHREDDED!! 
XOXOOX

No comments:

Post a Comment